Sunday, September 30, 2012

Let the Halloweening Begin!

Now that it's finally October, I'm picking my pumpkins and focusing on Halloween! (Okay, so I started focusing on Halloween in July, but I mean really focusing now). So of course I must kick off the month with my first Halloween craft.

Halloween Craft No. 1: Black Bottles

Nothing says Halloween like the color black. And orange. Just round up some bottles from around the house (maple syrup, sparkling grape juice, red wine vinegar, etc.) plus a few from the thrift store if you need (mine were $.50 - $1 ea.) You may need some Gu Gone to help get the stickies off. You can mask some to create a color block look, or just add a few coats of glossy black spray paint and ta-da! A creepy black display of bottles for your shelves or tables. Fill them with candy or black twigs... or spiders and bones.

Just for fun, here's a BEFORE photo of some of the bottles. Eeeew.


Pin It

2 comments:

Tanya Michaelis said...

Hurray! I'm so excited for you to start your Halloween posts! Thanks for the ideas!

Talk of the Town said...

woo, those look super cool. Great shot!