Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekly Recipe: Kings Ranch Chicken

This one is a one dish meal. I halved the recipe when I made it, since there are only two of us. The middle part of my directions are missing, so I'll just fill in the gap with how I made it (seemed to work fine).

Kings Ranch Chicken

2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 pkgs corn tortillas
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb. sharp cheese, grated
1 T chili powder
1 can tomatoes & green chilies
Monterey Jack cheese

Soak tortillas in chicken broth until soft. Line baking dish with soaked tortillas, overlapping on sides and bottom of dish. Mix chicken with cream soups. Saute onion and green pepper and layer over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder and grated sharp cheese. Top with tomatoes and green chilies. Bake 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees. For the last 5 minutes put monterey jack cheese on top to melt. Serve with sour cream and perhaps iceberg lettuce. Pin It

1 comment:

Talk of the Town said...

Um, YUM!

Oh my gosh, I have to type "chesty" to leave a comment. Now that's funny.